Monday, 5 August 2013

Day 9 - supplement

Hi All, Chris R here this time. A few more reflections from our fab group. Think this covers everyone but me! I'd just like to say what a blessing it is to be with these very special people as they open up to what God has for them in their lives with humility. Thank you for al your prayers and encouragement :-) CR PS Wonderful service at St Philips yesterday and trip to Cape Point and penguins! ----
  • I know it’s cliché to say that you’re ‘in love’ with a country but that has never been so apt for me in South Africa. It is so beautiful, even the townships, because the spirit of God is just everywhere and he is working in every place we have been to. Some places have more hope than others, but I will never forget what I have seen here and every time I think about the trip, I will be thankful for everything that I have. The people we have met, particularly the St Phillip’s youth, are really wonderful and so full of energy. I haven’t got at all fed up of being in such an intense atmosphere with 22 other people, because they are so brilliant and fun. Africa is crazy and I could easily spend another month or two working here! (KP). 
  • I’m staying here and moving into Charly’s Bakery because pink and white stripes and chandeliers. (A very delirious Julia). 
  • I don’t think I've ever experienced such extremes in emotion in one 24 hour period. (Koren). 
  • We have been to so many different places and met so many different people – it’s fab. (Caroline). 
  • It’s been a great experience seeing such a different range of situations, whilst also learning from such brilliant people who have made the most of those situations! (Hugh). 
  • We have seen Jesus in so many people who are in unimaginably (ridiculously) difficult situations which has been really encouraging to see the Holy Spirit flowing out of them. (Chris Feats). 
  • Yet again my heart has been broken by the inequality and unfairness of Cape Town – how people living in abject poverty and those in gated mansions are separated by a single train track or road. Having said that, I’m stirred and encouraged at the number and devotion of God’s people in showing love and striving for justice. Expect big things of a big God! :) (Shana). 
  • These 2 weeks have been so amazing. I’ve seen so many things that have impacted me individually and I’m just thankful that for the group that I have experienced it with as these guys are awesome! (Tom). 
  • I guess it is time I wrote something on the blog! These two weeks have been so incredible, so heart breaking but also so inspiring to work with this bunch of youth. I have been so proud of how they have embraced every situation with the right attitude to really show God through their actions and words. We have seen some very tough situations that have really challenged me to make sure this continues to stir in me when I come home and not just roll back in the normal life. It has also been great to see the seeds that have been sown in the people we have worked with as well as our youth and to just wait and see what God wants to do with that. I’m certainly due a good amount of sleep when I get back but it has been worth the exhaustion! (Matt H).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.