Hello World! (or probably mainly Horsham)
I am Chris (probably to be called Feats or something along those lines for the duration of the trip due to the fact I have copied Chris Rob's Christian name) and currently packing not only for Cape Town but also in the process of moving house! Infact, the tenancy for the new house starts on the 6th of August, my current tenancy finishes on the 7th of August and of course we get back on the 8th of August which has led to a lot of interesting planning that means I am technically moving twice...I won't go into too much detail as frankly it is quite late and I'm not sure I understand it myself. I can however report this has been done successfully and so packing for Cape Town can now commence. Just about got everything I need, just literally a case of putting it all in a suitcase tetris style and then trying to work out what I can take out to make it 23kg.
I am unbelievably excited for the trip ahead and have really been able to feel God's presence in making it all possible for me to come join this amazing team!
I just wanted to share a verse that I feel God has put on my heart today whilst praying about the trip.
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7
I think over the next couple of weeks we are going to be experiencing poverty and probably be hearing of lots of situations that are going to leave us with questions. I feel God's saying we need to be ready to ask him and seek answers from him through prayer. Interestingly enough this verse was the verse that about 9 months ago really got me thinking about my faith more and brought me into a relationship with God. It turns out if you Ask, Seek and Knock, you learn lots and come out stronger than you ever imagined possible.
I believe God has big plans for all of us and that the 25th July - 8th August 2013 is going to be a massive part of his plans.
Back to packing now I guess!
Feats
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.